Kings' Barnes, Cousins sued for nightclub brawl

NBA Trade Rumors for De Marcus Cousins trade value

A couple suing Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins and forward Matt Barnes have released photos of their injuries.

Barnes, 36, and Kings center DeMarcus Cousins were involved in an altercation at the Avenue nightclub in NY early Monday morning in which a woman claimed Barnes choked her.

TMZ Sports broke the story ... the Sacramento Kings teammates were involved in a violent altercation with two people at the VIP booth next to them around 3 AM on December 5.

Jasmine Besiso and Myrone Powell say Barnes, 36, who plays for the Sacramento Kings, went berzerk on them at the Avenue nightclub on 10th Ave., said their lawyer, Michael Lamonsoff said.

The lawsuit said that Barnes choked Besiso and that Powell, her boyfriend, intervened.

According to their complaint, Besiso was choked and then knocked unconscious by an elbow from Barnes.

Barnes also posted a statement on the report to his Instagram account, writing "There's alaways two sides to a story".

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

According to Larry Celona and Jamie Schram of the New York Post, Barnes was accused of choking one woman and physically assaulting another woman as well as a man.

Spiro told TMZ, "We do not believe a crime was committed and are hopeful no charges will be pressed". The side the media consistently tries to paint of me. "Don't believe everything you read".

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last several days, you've probably heard by now that DeMarcus Cousins and Matt Barnes ran into a bit of trouble in New York City on December 5 following their loss to the Knicks.

Paramedics took Besiso and Powell to Lenox Hill Hospital, where they were treated for their injuries.

Besiso said she was 'outraged and disgusted by what's happened to me'.

Powell, one eye swollen and bruised, said he was "appalled" that video of the players leaving the club showed them "boasting and gloating" about the encounter.

The story was initially reported by TMZ, who obtained this footage of what happened on the street moments after the fight.

A year ago, Barnes was suspended for two games after he drove to the home of his now ex-wife to confront her new boyfriend, then-New York Knicks coach Derek Fisher.