stayontheblack.com

World

North Korea Threatens America With 'Super-Mighty Preemptive Strike'

North Korea Threatens America With Super Mighty Preemptive Strike 824 PA 11802033

"In the case of our super-mighty preemptive strike being launched, it will completely and immediately wipe out not only USA imperialists' invasion forces in South Korea and its surrounding areas but the US mainland and reduce them to ashes", it said.

North Korea also slammed US Vice President Mike Pence's recent warning to Pyongyang to not test US' military strength.

The United States and Russian Federation clashed at the United Nations on Wednesday over a USA -drafted Security Council statement to condemn North Korea's latest failed ballistic missile test.

The United States told council members it cut the words because they "would overly narrow the means by which the global community could arrive at a peaceful and comprehensive solution to the North Korean nuclear problem", according to diplomats.

North Korea has been under United Nations sanctions aimed at impeding the development of its nuclear and missile programs since 2006. Experts, however, believe that Pyongyang requires more time to master the necessary technology. China supports the statement, but Russian Federation on Wednesday (19 April) has raised objections.

Council statements require a consensus among all 15 members.

Last month, the council was united in strongly condemning the launch of three missiles and expressed serious concern over Pyongyang's "increasingly destabilizing behavior".

A North Korean missile blew up nearly immediately on its test launch on Sunday, the US military said.

Previous statements that condemned the reclusive state's activities were thought to have been welcomed by all the member-states of the council as the draft had called for peaceful resolutions "through dialogue".

According to Russia's Permanent Mission to the United Nations, on Wednesday, the U.S. delegation scaled down the work on the document, refusing to include the call for a settlement of the situation on the Korean peninsula through dialogue in it.

Council diplomats, speaking anonymously because discussions were private, said the US, which is in charge of drafting council statements and resolutions on North Korea, had dropped the call for "dialogue" as part of its effort to toughen the text.

"I thought it was important that we went outside", he said, according to the Washington Post.