Prince's Doctor Prescribed Oxycodone In Friend's Name, According To Unsealed Affidavit
Apr 18 2017
Prince, 57, died on April 21, 2016, after he was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park residence in Minnesota.
Autopsy results revealed that the 57-year-old died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl - a drug 50 times more powerful than heroin.
Aleve bottle with 20 1/2 white pills labeled Watson 853, an imprint on generic pills that contain acetaminophen and hydrocodone bitartrate. Almost a year after Prince died from an accidental drug overdose in his suburban Minneapolis studio and estate, investigators still haven't interviewed a key associate nor asked a grand jury to investigate potential criminal charges, according to an official with knowledge of the investigation.
The warrants sought access to Prince's computer as well as to cellphone records for any devices in use around Paisley Park immediately before and after the singer's death.
TMZ also reports that the late musician may have used an alias - Peter Bravestrong - to fill his prescriptions.
Pill bottles bearing the name Kirk Johnson were found in a second floor dressing room. Dr. Schulenberg met with Prince and prescribed him Clonidine, Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Diazepam, according to the search warrant.
Some of our favourite beloved famous faces who have passed away in 2016. Schulenberg had "put the prescription in Kirk Johnson's name for Prince's privacy". Prince admitted that he had taken painkillers, according to search warrants.
However, according to the Star Tribune, investigators have been working under the theory that the pop star did not know the pills contained fentanyl.
Six witnesses at the scene told investigators that Prince "had a history of going through withdrawals, which are believed to be the result of the abuse of prescription medication", according to an affidavit. Oxycodone was not listed as a cause of Prince's death.
Between April 21 and September 19, 2016, Carver County authorities conducted investigations into Prince's death with a total of 11 search warrants.
The records also describe a large quantity of narcotics scattered throughout Paisley Park, despite Prince's reputation as being vehemently anti-drug.
In his almost 19 years of practice, Dr. Schulenberg has provided the highest level of care to his many patients and has earned a reputation for being a caring and responsible physician.
Lyrics for the song, "U Got the Look", were also found in that suitcase, written in Prince's handwriting. Those medications had been brought from California by Andrew Kornfeld, whose father Howard operates an addiction recovery clinic.
Prince's assistant told investigators they "had arranged a meeting between Prince and medical professionals to assess and address Prince's medical concerns", the search warrant states.
And the former attorney for two of Prince's dead siblings says they had revealed Prince had an addiction to Percocet decades ago.