Polish-French director Roman Polanski faces abuse allegations
Oct 05 2017
Former actress Renate Langer has claimed the director attacked her back in 1972, when she was 15 years old.
Langer, the fourth woman to accuse the director of rape, says that Polanski forced himself on her at a house in Gstaad, Switzerland, while she was visiting about a potential role in one of his films, The New York Times reported.
In August, a woman in Los Angeles, identified only as Ms Robin M., came forward at a news conference to report that he had sexually assaulted her in 1973 when she was 16.
At first, she kept quiet because she did not want to traumatise her parents. But she said she did tell a boyfriend that she'd had years later.
And in 2010, Charlotte Lewis also accused the director of sexually abusing her when she was 16.
On March 11, 1977, he was arrested and charged for raping Samantha Geimer, who was just 13-years-old at the time.
After being in limelight infamously for decades-old sexual assault case, director Roman Polanski finally commented on the sexual assault case which continues to dominate any discussion of the 84-year-old Oscar-winning director.
Harland Braun, a lawyer for Polanski, had said in a statement that Polanski's reaction had been akin to "I don't know what this is about".
"As far as what I did: It's over".
Langer said Polanski raped her again in Rome while she was filming for his movie "Che?". He has lived in France, Switzerland and Poland and has not returned to the United States since but still remains a fugitive from the USA justice system. As a part of a plea bargain, Polanski pled guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, underwent psychiatric evaluation and spent 42 days in jail. He has lived in France, Switzerland and Poland and has not returned to the US since. I then was locked up here [in Zurich] after this festival. "This had an influence on all of my life", she said.
Geimer requested an end to the case earlier this year, saying she had forgiven Polanski. "So in the sum, I did about four or five times more than what was promised to me".
Roman Polanski, Eva Green, Emmanuelle Seigner and actor Vincent Perez at the screening of "Based on a True Story" at the Cannes Film Festival.