Police make arrest in Missing child case

Mother's boyfriend is arrested in connection to disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods and police believe she is dead

The Onslow County Sheriff's Office has arrested a man in connection to the disappearance of 3-year-old Mariah Woods. After several days of searching, officials said they arrested the mother's live-in boyfriend, 32-year-old Early Kimrey and charged him with multiple offenses, including concealing a death, obstruction of justice and burglary.

On Friday, Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller said he was "overwhelmed" by the outpouring of support from the community and nearby military members, who came out to assist in the search for Mariah.

Authorities have been searching for Mariah, who was reported missing from her home on Monday. She was last seen when her mother put her to bed around 11 p.m. Sunday, according to the Charlotte Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Kimery told her the little girl woke up and he told her to go back to sleep. "The searches will now shift to a recovery process", the post read.

Kimrey is now being held at the Onslow County Detention Center under a $1,010,000 bond.

Kimrey removed the girl's body from the place where she died and knew her death was not natural, according to arrest warrants.

The statement did not indicate whether Kimrey had a lawyer or if anyone else could also be charged.

There is no indication as yet that Mariah's body has been found but police believe she is deceased. Among them are the FBI's Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team and Team Adam from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Officials said 730 volunteers participated in a search for Mariah on Friday.

Also, FBI agents searched a landfill. On Thursday, Miller called on civilians to join law enforcement in the land and air search for 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

Deputies said more charges could be pending.

"Allow us to review it to determine if it is of investigative value", FBI agent Stanley Meador said.

"The focus of this investigation has changed from a missing child to homicide case", Meador added.

They were sent straight to the FBI's base in Quantico, Virginia, for testing on Wednesday afternoon.