stayontheblack.com

World

Trump moves back his 'Fake News Awards,' citing high interest

Trump says he'll give out the awards on Jan. 17 but the White House hasn't said much about them

As you can see in the tweet above, the president is citing interest that "is far greater than anyone could have anticipated" as a possible reason for the date change.

Stephen Colbert in particular is very animated about the awards, tweeting, "So excited for Monday's "MOST DISHONEST & CORRUPT MEDIA AWARDS OF THE YEAR!" Does anyone doubt that such constant Trump targets as CNN and the New York Times will be among the "winners"? "So that was Donald Trump's day on Twitter".

Trump, however, termed it as "fake book", reported local media.

Late night hosts took advantage of Trump's latest invention to poke fun at the president - and put themselves up for the honor, of course.

He had initially planned the "awards" for Monday, saying last week they would cover "Dishonesty & Bad Reporting in various categories". Fox News was not part of this competition.

It's more like that wrestling video in which Trump body-slams a guy with a CNN head-something that will excite his base, which already distrusts the press and loves the president's media-bashing. "Victor to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!"

Trump had promised to hold the mock awards show to castigate mainstream news organizations for their coverage of his presidency. "And we want to hear from you", it said.

"That's why President Trump is crowning the 2017 KING OF FAKE NEWS before the end of the year".

As per the Trump Campaign list, the competition for "King of Fame news" is between three news organisations.

It said, "There's no point in pretending that some journalists are anything more than peddlers of falsehoods and liberal propaganda".