stayontheblack.com

Technology

Canelo Alvarez Receives Oddly Light Suspension For Failed Drug Tests

VIDEO: Gennady Golovkin trolls Canelo Alvarez in new commercial; Mexican reacts

That fight was meant to take place on 5 May, however, the Mexican will now be out of action until, at least, 17 August, while unified champion Golovkin will now face Vanes Martirosyan.

New Undisputed King of Cinco De Mayo to Make Record-Tying 20th Consecutive World Middleweight Title Defense Saturday, May 5 at StubHub Center Live on HBO World Championship Boxing®.

However, the 27-year-old tested positive for banned fat-stripper clenbuterol earlier this year and subsequently pulled out of the fight, claiming that contaminated meat in Mexico had caused the sample as opposed to deliberate attempts to dope.

On Wednesday, Alvarez learned he had been suspended six months by Nevada boxing officials, and will undergo further drug testing.

Mexican boxing star Canelo Alvarez has been handed a reduced penalty for doping violations, potentially allowing him to return to the ring in September for a rematch with Gennady Golovkin.

Overnight the IBF of which Golovkin holds their respective world middleweight title, spoke how to ESPN saying they would not approve of the fight and would have to consider stripping Golovkin. Recent reports suggest that Vanes Martirosyan- a natural junior middleweight who has been inactive for almost two years- is now the focus of Team Golovkin. "He has my respect and I am training hard to defend my titles against him", said Golovkin.

Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 knockouts) was temporarily suspended by the commission on March 23.

"Vanes hasn't been active, but he had been looking for a fight", Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler told Yahoo. Although most professional sports, worldwide anti-doping agencies and United States boxing commissions treat meat contamination differently from other positive tests, Nevada does not.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, the brutish Mexican puncher who's been fighting professionally since 15 and Golovkin, the undefeated Kazakh who is considered by many to be the best active fighter in the sport, met in a much-publicized event at the T-mobile Arena - dubbed "Supremacy". "When they asked me if I'd take this fight, I said yes".