stayontheblack.com

Sport

Conor McGregor Arraigned Friday After Arrest; Next Court Date June 14

Conor Mc Gregor turned himself into police in the wake of a backstage melee in New York. AP

Cowley has been charged with one count of assault and one count of criminal mischief, according to police.

The attack by McGregor and company led to three fights being pulled from the UFC card, which is set for this Saturday.

Conor McGregor has surrendered himself to NY police after crashing the UFC's media on Thursday at the Barclays Center and attacking a bus, according to several reports.

Conor McGregor arrived at Barclays Center for the UFC 223 Media Day on Thursday to confront Khabib Nurmagomedov in retaliation for an altercation earlier in the week between Nurmagomedov and McGregor's friend and training partner Artem Lobov.

With his hands cuffed behind his back, he was transported to a Brooklyn courthouse on Friday morning, where his bail was set at $50,000, according to MMA Fighting reporter Ariel Helwani. White also said this week he did not expect McGregor to attend Saturday's fights.

White said: "Conor and I talked through texts yesterday, it was the worst conversation we ever had".

McGregor, known for his flamboyant style and trash-talking ways, turned himself in to police Thursday night. It was justified to him.

In the video, people were seen attempting to restrain McGregor, with some managing to stop the bus from being hit by various missiles, including a metal barrier and a bin.

The UFC says McGregor and Lobov - accompanied by more than a "dozen individuals" - attacked the bus.

In a statement on Thursday, the UFC said McGregor, Lobov and more than a dozen others had "vandalised the vehicle", calling the disruption "completely unacceptable" and they are "working on the consequences that will follow". UFC said three fights on Saturday's UFC 223 card have been scrapped as a result of the incident. "It's disgusting. And I don't think anybody is going to be huge Conor McGregor fans after this".

The Irishman reportedly pocketed around $100 million for the superfight he lost in August in Las Vegas against ex-welterweight champion boxer Floyd Mayweather.

Lightweight Michael Chiesa sustained facial cuts, deeming him unfit to fight by the New York State Athletic Commission and UFC medical team.

Thanks to McGregor's out of pocket actions, a few fights for this weekend's UFC ticket have already been canceled due to injuries inflicted on the passengers in the bus.

Therefore Nurmagomedov will take on late replacement Al Iaquinta for the official lightweight title, which will be on the line for Nurmagomedov only, due to "Iaquinta not making the 155-pound championship limit".